Spring is coming soon and you might have to be without your facial armor, so, here are
FIVE CELEBRITY BEAUTY HACKS WE ALL NEED, THIS SPRING.
LINDA MTOBA, or as she refers to herself: “THE GIRL WITH A WHOLE LOT OF DISNEY”, looks nothing less of a Disney princess every time we see her. The recently married, Isibaya star admits, in an article, that her good looks are by inheritance. She does mention, however, that to keep her skin looking flawless, she is never without sunscreen. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) light gradually damages the elastane in the skin. Elastane is what keeps your skin from sagging. According to WEBMD, sun damage may not be apparent when you are young, but will definitely show later in life – and that’s not even half of it. The immediate effects of sunburn are discoloration and freckles.
Here are my top three sunscreen products to keep you covered this season.
- LIPADOL (SPF 20). This oil-based product is perfect for everyday wear. Don’t be scared away by the fact that it’s oil based, this oil supplements the skin’s natural oily layer that is stripped away by sun, wind and water. Please note, that this product is not for long days in the sun, rather, days where there is minimum sun exposure. This product will cost you approximately R79.95 (125ml)
- CATAPHIL DAYLONG HIGH PROTECTION SPF FACE AND BODY LIPOSMAL SPRAY (SPF 30). If you have sensitive skin, this brand name will sound very familiar to you. Not only is this sunscreen great for reaching hard to reach areas, it is water resistant and was scientifically designed not to block your pores. This product is good for everyday use and can be worn on the beach. This product will cost you, approximately R154.95 (150ml)
BIONIKE DEFENSE SUN (SPF 50). This light-weight product, absorbs quickly and does not leave a sticky residue on your skin. It has been proven to protect from long term sun damage and has the “PRO-REPAIR Complex” that helps to strengthen “repair” mechanisms in the skin. This product will cost you approximately R149.95 (100ml).
BOITY THULO is all about exercising regularly. Exercise increases blood flow in the body. The blood carries vital nutrients as well as oxygen to the cells in the body. This process will have your skin nourished and repaired from sun damage as well as pollutants. When the pores in the skin dilate during exercise, sweat carries the dirt and oil to the skins surface.
NB. Ensure that you cleanse your face after a workout.
GABRIELLE UNION has been twenty-four years old for a very long time. If you were wondering what kind of magic this fresh looking forty-four-year-old has been using to achieve this look, you are not alone. Gabrielle claims that she drinks a gallon (about eighteen glasses) of water every day. When asked how she drinks so much water in a single day, Union said that she drinks the first half of the gallon before noon, and the rest of the gallon, in the afternoon. This is extraordinary, but it seems to be working well. Ladies, hydration is key, for healthy looking skin.
Here’s how you can hydrate your skin:
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day
- Don’t wash your face with hot water. Keep the water warm (as cold as bearable)
- Once a week, during your cleansing routine, before toning, apply a thick layer of non-scented aqueous cream for, at least, fifteen minutes and then, with toner/micellar water, wipe the aqueous cream off. You can then continue with your moisturizing routine.
BONANG MATHEBA popularly known as QUEEN B! is always on the move. In her interview with True Love magazine earlier this year, she dished out five of her beauty secrets. One of them were: never going to bed with makeup on. No matter how tired you are, grab a wipe and give your skin a breather. Going to bed with makeup on will cause avoidable hiccups, such as breakouts, infection, broken eyelashes, wrinkles, chapped lips…the list goes on. It is a nightmare.
Here are make-up removal products that will make this process a million times better and quicker.
- GANIER MICELLAR WATER
This one is my ultimate favorite makeup removing product- simply because it is so versatile. Not only will this product remove your makeup, you can use it as a toner as well. It has been proven to lift dirt from the skin, which means that there is no painful scrubbing for you anymore. Better yet, throw the GARNIER MICELLAR WATER MAKEUP REMOVING TOWELETTS in your shopping basket as well, and you will be looking forward to removing your makeup every time.
Approximately R85.00 (400ml)
- EUCERIN DERMATO CLEAN REFRESHING CLEANSING GEL NORMAL TO COMBINATION SKIN
If you have sensitive skin, this product is for you. It is not fragranced, has no alcohol and is yet very effective.
Approximately R156.00 (200ml)
- NEUTROGENA HYDRO BOOST
Neutrogena has come up with a revolutionary skin regime that keeps skin hydrated and they were sure to keep this tradition up – even in makeup removal. This product is perfect for sensitive skin as it cleanses and re-hydrates your skin at the same time.
- Approximately R79.00 (200ml)
BEYONCE follows doctors’ orders and exfoliates daily. In 2014, Beyoncé’s dermatologist, Dr. Harold Lancer released a book about skincare. In the book, Lancer simply describes exfoliating as, “just removing dull-skin debris and allowing oxygen to transfer the lower layers of skin.” There are many ways to exfoliate. Here are some ideas.
- THE EXFOLIATION BRUSH.
You could either get yourself an electric exfoliation brush, or a basic one. The electric one has a spinning nozzle which works extra hard to lift the dead cells from your skin, whereas the basic one will need you to do all the work. If this brush is cleaned every day, it is perfect for everyday use.
Approximately R39.90 (Basic)/ R 120 (Electric)
- CLEAN & CLEAR DAILY EXFOLIATING WASH
This product has been good to so many of us – especially when we were suffering from acne in our teenage years, and guess what, CLEAN AND CLEAR “still got it”. This product is great for everyday exfoliation and will not leave your skin dry.
Approximately R51.00 (150 ml)
Keep every layer of yourself beautiful and where ever you go this season, don’t forget to take your shine along.